We have successfully navigated through the start of the 2020-2021 school year. A few points of interest:
- The in-building school instruction is being held on Monday-Wednesday-Friday from 7:45 to 2:15 p.m. If your child is attending virtually, we still have a limited number of spots for in-school instruction. The number of available spots in each Grade is different. Changes may only be made at the beginning of each week, a Monday. Students may not, on their own, randomly show up for in-school instruction.
- We have begun our “Grab & Go” Friday work pick up for students. This allows parents for the students who are working virtually to pick up worksheets and other materials from the teachers for the students. The pick up time is from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the St. Paul’s location.
- We understand that there are issues with some of the iPad chargers or the battery life in the iPads. there may be times when you need to keep the chargers plugged in while the students are working. We are going to look into the charger cord issues.
- Students will be marked absent if they do not attend the ZOOM sessions with the teachers. Once the students have the information needed to attend the sessions it should not be changed. Students have been attending successfully in all of the grades. We will begin contacting families who have not attended this week to find out if you still wish to be enrolled at Sacred Heart School.
- Students will not be promoted in June 2021 if they fail to attend classes.
- Teachers will be unable to call students during class time for tech issues. We will be working on looking at creating a short time schedule during school hours to correct these issues.
- Students who are attending classes virtually are expected to be wearing their Sacred Heart uniform polo shirts. In addition the instructional space should be free of anything that can disruptive to the educational process. Thank you.